The Tramway 99
Aboard the Tourist Tramway you will discover the history of the city.
First, there was the "Petit train", launched by the municipality of Bergues in the 1980s.
Then to renew itself, the city had a tourist tram built, a reproduction of a model from the 1900s, but on wheels. The latter having been designed in Belgium during the year 1999, it was quite naturally that it was baptized "Tram nonante-neuf".
This 35-minute commented walk will take you to discover the history and heritage of Bergues.
Departures for individuals are scheduled from Tuesday to Sunday.
Tickets can be collected from the Hauts de Flandre Tourist Office in Bergues (under the belfry).
NOTE: Depending on particular climatic conditions (high temperatures for example) departures may be cancelled. During these days, it is advisable to inquire before.
Departure times (never departure on Monday)
HIGH SEASON :
- From June 29 to September 19 and from November 2 to 6:
- Tuesday to Saturday: 10:30 a.m. - 11:30 a.m. - 2:30 p.m. - 3:30 p.m. and 4:30 p.m.
- Sunday and public holidays: 10:30 a.m. - 11:30 a.m. - 3:30 p.m. and 4:30 p.m.
- ATTENTION: In season, inquire before during major events in Bergues,
LOW SEASON :
- Until June 27 and from September 21 to 26:
- Tuesday to Saturday: 2.30 p.m. - 3.30 p.m. and 4.30 p.m.
- Sunday and public holidays: 3:30 p.m. and 4:30 p.m.
In the morning, priority to reservations for groups
Due to works in the center of Bergues, the route has been modified and comments are not broadcast normally. Consequently, the "exceptional event" rate is applied for the duration of the work.